Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Motivation

Despite the weather turning around from chilly, blustery, and wet to moderate with only intermittent rain, I've still been having a bit of a hard time motivating myself. (Seems like that might be self-evident given how long it's been since the last blog entry.)

While I am still intent on hitting my big goals for later this year assuming the races will be held, the uncertainty about them and it being a lull between my last "race" (virtual marathon) and the beginning of my training cycle for Chicago has left me unenthused for my runs. Most of the days each week, I'm just running 5-6 miles at a reasonable pace, and I've noticed that on most of them, my last 2 miles are successively slower than the goal pace for the run. There is no particular reason for this that I can discern other than lack of enthusiasm for the run.

Today was the first day in a couple of weeks where the above pace problem didn't happen, though I'm not entirely sure why -- my head was still in the same space. I need to change it up a bit, but don't want to do the sorts of hard workouts that I have during my training cycle -- no reason to risk injury. Not sure what will be the best way to get back "in the game," as it were.

No comments:

Post a Comment