Saturday, April 18, 2020

Forecast for Boston Marathon Day -- Ideal

It's Boston Marathon weekend, and everyone registered for the marathon is bummed that we've had to postpone the race until September. While it was snowing there earlier today, the forecast for Monday looks like the most ideal race conditions (slightly windy) that Boston will have seen for YEARS! Figures.





So, instead of running in Boston, looks like I'll be running a virtual marathon on Monday along the W&OD Trail between Sterling and Leesburg. I get off easy in terms of not having to deal with the Newton Hills (let alone Heartbreak Hill). With my stepping off approximately the same time on Monday as I would have in Boston (shortly after 10am), here's the local forecast:



Great conditions! Let's hope it holds up. Not that it will count for anything, but I'm hoping to not only beat my best Boston time so far (which is approx. 3:30), but it'd be nice to run another BQ like I did a few weeks ago. Always nice to keep the morale up, despite not being able to use it for anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment